Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Digital Enhancement

Before Enhancement



After Enhancement


For this enhancement I adjusted multiple properties of the image. The before image was too brown, so I adjusted the tones. I then adjusted the contrast and brightness to bring out some of the detail in the face. By doing that I also created a lot of noise around the image. I used the paint brush tool to flatten some of the noise around the head. I also used the paint brush to lighten the eyes. I then copied the left eye and placed it on the binding. The text on the binding was changed from vertical to horizontal. I kept messing with this project trying to find the right blend of detail without distorting the image. It was kind of difficult to accomplish since the original image was a lower resolution and not the best quality. Update -- Changed the color of the main fonts from black to a off yellow. I tried various other colors to make the type stand out. Some colors although they were easy to read, looked out of place with the rest of the design. 


1 comment:

  1. Better. make the type another color as black is hard to read.
    Jon

    ReplyDelete